Saturday, December 4, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!

MEV and I put up our Christmas decorations this week! Brad and I decided to go ahead and buy a Christmas tree that will be the Boswell tree beginning next Christmas...but he said it was ok for ME and I to use it this year. Isn't he so nice?


First on the agenda: crank up the Christmas music! I think we listened to an ecclectic assortment of the Trans-Siberian orchestra, Bing Crosby, Jessica Simpson, and Hanson. We got our tree all set up and then had the best time decorating the tree and the rest of the living room. All of our ornaments and decorations seem to have great stories attached to them. We have Natvity sets from Botswana and India, Ded Moroz stacking dolls from Ukraine, handmade ornaments from MEV's friends from South Asia, Egyptian glass ornaments that my aunt got for me after our family fell in love with Egypt, the ornaments that my Ukrainian friends made when they visited my apartment last Christmas, along with ornaments that we've collected from family and friends over the years. It's neat to look at our decorations, which are so full of significance and memories, and think of God's faithfulness to us over the years. Here's some photographic evidence for your holiday enjoyment:


The living room. The garland strung across the windows was made by a friend of MEV's from South Asia. It's cute- little felt circles stitched up. See Brad's and my tree?


Nativity from Botswana.


Nativity from India.

My New Year's bell from Ukraine. I realize it's not New Year, but it's really pretty.

As a Union employee, I get the faculty/staff Christmas ornament this year.

Egyptian glass ornament.

Ded Moroz, Snegurochka, snowman, bear, and penguin.

MEV's lamb and Asian bell.

MEV's ornament from a friend in South Asia.

Ornaments from our respective international locations.

This angel was made by a friend of mine, Olya, in Ukraine.

Last Christmas, in Ukraine, I had friends decorate ornaments for my tree. This was Nastia's.

A middle school-aged friend of mine from my Ukrainian church made me this stocking last year. I'm not sure it's actually supposed to hang on a tree, but that's where it'll live for this year.

Ukrainian church.

I love just sitting in the living room and checking everything out. I also enjoy the tree more, knowing that it came pre-lit! I mean, who wouldn't, right?

Happy Christmas season!

1 comment:

Heather Brock said...

Beautiful!! I love Christmas decorations that hold memories. They make the season just that much sweeter. : )