Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sightseeing in Kiev! (For, like, the 27th time)

It's a good thing I like visiting Kiev (note: I said "visiting"- I decided early on during my time in Ukraine that I wouldn't actually like to live there. I prefer living in my "big village" of Poltava.) BECAUSE I've done it a lot now. However, it's really fun to go with folks who've never been before.

Our last full day in Ukraine was spent hanging out in Kiev...seeing the sites...buying the souvenirs...It was extremely cold (never fear: I had layers and my hat.), but we were champs and used up our entire hour and 45 minutes in the souvenir market.

Here's Amiee posing in the exact same spot where she face-planted in the mud 3.5 years ago. Ah, good times. She managed to stay upright this time around.

Tower at St. Sofia's (Orthodox church)

More St. Sofia's. The bottom part of the building (that you can't see) is actually the original structure from the 1100's. It's oooooooold.

Amiee and me...and St. Sofia's. I got a lot of pictures of St. Sofia's, apparently.

St. Michael's.

...and this is a picture of me back in the States, sporting one of my finds from Kiev. The little guy on the t-shirt is a Soviet cartoon character. Nastia used to get me to practice my Russian by watching episodes of Cheburachka and Crocodil Gena. This is Cheburachka. Yea, me, for snagging this awesome shirt!

Sorry I don't have truly awesome Kievian pictures. It was RATHER cold, which made me forget to pull out my camera.

Thanks for sticking with me through the super drawn-out chronicle of the Ukrainian Adventure 2011. It's finally wrapping up, and I will do my darnedest to update more frequently.

I will. For real this time.

No comments: