Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brain...zapped...mornings...evil

I know it's been a few days since I updated. It's not that anything particularly exciting has been going on to keep me distracted; really, I've just been so brain-dead at the end of each day that I can't come up with anything significant to say. Actually, I often can't even really put sentences together after a work day.

Most of my job consists of meeting with students, which I love. However, after that much talking, listening, being on the receiving end of an emotional unloading, repeating the same instructions, etc, I just can't even put original thoughts together at the end of the day. I'm always a little brain-zapped. Ask Mom, Amiee, or Brad. They will concur.

Anyway, the past week and a half has been full of much Academic Counselor-ing. Some was fun...some was not-so-fun. I always want everyone to succeed at everything (rival football teams excluded), and it hurts my heart when some don't. I guess I just have to accept the fact that some people will not succeed at everything. This includes me. I mean, I would never succeed at running cross country...

...which is why I opted for going to cheer Tuesdae on this past Saturday! Any readers remember my beloved Rowlands from Ukraine? Well, sweet Tuesdae runs cross country for Blue Mountain College, and their most recent race was at Union. So, Amiee, Kyleigh, and I got ourselves up and out at 8:00 in the morning (mornings...evil...out to ruin us all) to go cheer for Tuesdae (and the Union runners, of course). She ran her best time ever! I like to think it was the influence of our cheering. Here's my best cheer for cross country:
"RUN REALLY FAST!"

It totally worked. Good job, Tuesdae!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

1.) Do we have the same job? (Reply as a comment on my blog or I'll never see it.)
B.) I'm offended that I'm not on your blog list thing.

:)

Karen Tidwell said...

I think getting up to cheer a cross country meet gets you as much "credit" as if you had actually run in the cross country meet. This is from one who spent many Saturday mornings on the sidelines cheering so I should know. And...you are obviously good at it :).