Friday, September 24, 2010

Boys...sometimes they smell weird

I'm learning more about college boys now that I'm an Academic Counselor than I did when I was actually in college. One of these insights is into the olfactory world of boys.

Y'all...it's intense.

I have an office (all my own, and I love it) that is rather small and- shall we say- cozy? Close quarters. Well, when I have meetings with my students, I become oh-so-very-aware of what they smell like, due to the "coziness" of my office. This week was rather harsh on the nose. One moment, it was the overwhelming scent of too much cologne. The next, it was the scent of too much basketball/not enough shower. Sometimes, it's the scent of I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-am-really-not-fresh. This isn't the case with the girls. Excepting one particular girl student, I don't generally smell anything from the girls.

I have yet to have a guy come into my office who doesn't leave some sort of scent. Usually, it's not very pleasant.

No comments: