Friday, March 18, 2011

Departure Day!

We're about 7.5 hours away from leaving at this point. My bags are packed and all of the logistical items are carefully stored (with easy access, of course). I'm keeping the plane-xiety to a minimum, and the cats are sleeping quite happily.

The nine of us (me, Amiee, Juliana, Celia, Kayleigh, Alex, Julie, Matt, and Daniel) will be flying from Memphis to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Kiev, and then bus from Kiev to Poltava. We probably won't get to our beds until close to midnight tomorrow night. We're going to be REALLY tired on Sunday! Starting Monday, we'll be teaching English in university classrooms during the day and then leading English clubs (off-campus) at night. Our first night of English club will be a virtual tour of Union, which will include a little of the following:




Try to contain your laughter. :) Those are pictures from my office, fyi. Hope you enjoyed.

I'll update as soon as I can- hopefully with lots of pictures! Here's hoping for an extremely uneventful trip!

No comments: