Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Day of Work = Not so scary

Thankfully, the Lord was gracious and granted me a wonderful first day. It was very low-key and everyone was extremely kind and patient. After New Employee Orientation during the morning, I met with my supervisor and received my first assignment: go home and acquaint myself with student information.

Why go home?

Oh, because there's basically no where to work in the offices, as the offices are being gutted and remodeled. So, I'm taking my lunch break at home. In about 12 minutes, I'll get back to the grindstone. I'm rather grateful that I'm not squished in the corner of a paint fume-y room reading files...

Stay tuned for upcoming conversational pieces like, "The cereal aisle: my personal Everest."

2 comments:

bo said...

Glad your first day went well. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your shopping adventures!

Unknown said...

I am so glad your first day went well. I wanted to tell you that nothing was wrong with you--you are very normal. Looking forward to what is coming next!