Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Still alive

I am still alive; I just have no internet at my house yet. Our landlord has been over many, many times at this point to help us get it going. It reminds me of when my apartment building in Ukraine would have electrical surges and leave me puzzling over how to prod my router into action.

The internet is ridiculously and intrinsically tied to life now, isn't it? Even if you're not using it merely for recreational purposes, you need it for things like checking your bank balance and forwarding forms that you've filled out. It's crazy! I feel sort of like it's my life jacket or something; it's that very comforting life line that feels somewhat necessary to survival, and if you don't have it, you feel like something vital is missing. I'm not necessarily pining for anything in particular, I just like knowing it's there if I need it.

When did the world become this way?

1 comment:

Jaclyn.... said...

You're right--no matter what continent you're on,internet is necessary! Hope you get it worked out soon.