Friday, September 10, 2010

Things I like and you might, too

I did a post like this whilst in Ukraine, and I thought I'd revisit the concept now that I'm back in the States. Enjoy!

"Ramona and Beezus"
GREAT G-rated movie based off of Beverly Cleary's children's fiction series.



Mark Driscoll/ Mars Hill "Luke"
Sermon series (really long series!) about the gospel of Luke. I listen to it in the office when I'm working on boring, paperwork-y stuff.

USA Network Shows
We don't get USA on our tv, so I can- legally- catch up on episodes for free online! May I recommend "Burn Notice" especially?

Two Thrifty Sisters
This is a resource for thrifty shoppers! They also update on free giveaways/opportunities/etc.

New Dress A Day
I accidentally stumbled across this website a few weeks ago. This gal in California started a year-long project wherein she refashions old clothing (one item each day) for a dollar or less. It's so great!

uu.edu
This one I check daily because it's my homepage at work, but it's also a really interesting read. There's all kind of stuff going on around the U!

Pandora.com
This is a free, online radio program. You type in the kind of music you like, a specific song, or an artist/band, and the program creates a playlist of similar sounding-songs for you. You can create multiple "stations." I also frequent this at work. Such genius.

Hope you find something that you like, too! Do y'all have any favorites to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In the grain of thriftiness...

passwird.com has lots of great internet deals (mostly electronics)

steepandcheap.com carries one (mostly outdoorsy) item at a time for a highly-discounted price.

bo said...

I like swagbucks! You win points for your internet searches. With 450 you can trade them in for a $5 Amazon.com gift card. It's a great way to fund your reading habit :)