Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Facebook used to be my lifeline.

I think I'm a recovering Facebook junkie. Whilst in Ukraine, Facebook was my outlet to the world that I'd left in America. It's how I kept up with who got engaged, married, had babies, etc. I checked it everyday and was so much more active on the Facebook interaction front.

Not so much any more. I still check it on a regular basis, but I need it so much less now. I actually get to interact with friends and family in person, and they can actually tell me about their lives, rather than send me info electronically. Imagine that. I'm kind of shocked at learning how much time I spent scouring FB for information from home while I was gone. I still like Facebook, and it has a definite place in my life. But goodness gracious...I'm in rehab for Facebook usage, I guess.

The same could probably be said of Skype, but to write a post about it would just be redundant.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This explains so much for one who is still on the field scouring FB for info about peoples lives! Thanks friend!