Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's another snow day!

Again, let me reiterate my love for snow in Tennessee: another snow day! We probably got 2-3 inches of snow last night (which promptly turned into ice), which meant that Roommate got her 3rd snow day this week (she teaches public school), and I got a full day out (Monday, we got out early and Tuesday, we started an hour later). I got to sleep late (despite the cats' best attempts at waking me up*) and take my time doing everything that needed to be done (which wasn't a lot). And, I have an opportunity to get free Chick-fil-a today. I'll be thinking about you, Peggy! I'm sorry you're not in TN to get in on that action.

*Sidenote on the cats: Roommate has two very sweet cats (excluding that time that one used my clean pants as the litter box). However, they like to frolic LOUDLY at inhospitable times, like late at night or before I'm quite ready to wake up in the mornings. Last night, they were bummed because both Roommate and I went to bed early-ish. I glanced over at my door at one point and noticed Paisley's tail sticking in under my door. I think she wanted in my room for some snuggle time. This morning, they were racing around this house as if they were at Talladega, running into our doors and meowing a lot. Roommate and I talked about it, and her theory is that both of us slept in, which seriously messed with the cats' sense of routine. It weirded them out that the sun had come up and they had yet to see one of their humans. Poor kitties...

Anyway, the snow and ice are starting to melt, but I still get to enjoy being off...and I think Zumba is still on for tonight. :)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I'll be eating lots of Chick-Fil-A in a month when I go to Texas! :)