Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just a little wedding update...

Some of you may not care, but I find that people tend to like wedding planning updates. Here's one for you:

Up until about 2.5 weeks ago, I had given up on the wedding. In my head, the reception was going to be "bring your own snack" and the photography for the ceremony was going to be me handing my camera off to the first person that showed up and asking him/her to get whatever shots they could. I was super frustrated by the planning process and was having no luck securing the services of any of the vendors I had contacted. Trying to plan a wedding in a city that I don't live in was really overwhelming. And, did I tell you about the bridesmaids' dress fiasco?

I had an awesome dress picked out- right color, great shape, great price. I was REALLY excited about it and quite proud that my bridesmaids weren't going to come out of the ordeal hating me. Unfortunately, Molly alerted me to the fact that the store had run out of normal sizes (the only sizes left were 2's and 12's). I frantically contacted the store, and they said that the dress was not backordered but that they would try to contact individual stores and see what they could find. The best I got after a few days was that they'd rustled up one dress in a size 10.

Awesome. That's REALLY not going to work.

Despite my terrible attitude and inordinate frustration, I found a back-up dress, and get this: it was half the price of the first dress! In other news we've secured a caterer, a bakery, and all of the facets that Brad's family needed for the Rehearsal and Rehearsal dinner. We've also ordered the invitations, mapped out the ceremony, have reception decorating plans in the works (the colors are black, white, and red, by the way), and have chosen most of the music. Whew!

And, the caterer made us a 9-inch diameter tasting cake for FREE! Party at my house! Don't you wish you were here?

1 comment:

Jaclyn.... said...

You crack me up....

Glad the planning is going better. It's going to be fab and you will be beautiful!