Saturday, January 29, 2011

So what are your spring break plans?

I know it's not Spring Break yet, and it's not that I'm getting antsy for it already or have a countdown paperchain started or anything. However, I do have EXCELLENT plans:

I'm going to Poltava!

That's right. I'll be back in my Ukrainian city again for about a week. I'm so very excited! I'll be leading a great group of students from Union who will be participating in a cultural exchange opportunity in the same schools that I work in while I lived there. I could not be more thrilled about the prospect of seeing my friends again.

I'll keep y'all posted about the getting ready and going process. Amiee is going, too, which will be extra fun!

Things I'd love to do while in Poltava:
1. Hang out A LOT with Nastia.
2. Eat varenky.
3. Hang out with Vika and Natasha.
4. See my newly-married friends, Maya & Vova and Ira & Sasha.
5. Eat borsch.
6. Visit with the Rays!
7. Visit with Margarita Mendeleevna.
8. Worship at Spaseenya.
9. Eat pelmeni.
10. Find myself immersed in Russian and Ukrainian and being confused again- like normal. :)

Oh boy!

2 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

So so jealous! (in a good way of course!)

Peggy said...

Have fun!

I'm going to TEXAS! Yee-haw! My top 10 includes eating Chick-Fil-A.