Thursday, January 27, 2011

My life is really colorful.

It really is. I have such a fantastic life, full of blessings. I thought I'd tell you a little about the characters in my everyday life. They're pretty funny and really great (this is somewhat reminiscent of this and this).

1. Amiee
You already know her (or, at least, you might remember reading about her here). She's my favorite sister and very best friend. She's also a freshman at the university I work at (although she's not one of my students), and I get to see her all the time- which hasn't happened since 2004! It's awesome. She's on the President's list already, is involved in SGA, tutors for a local urban ministry, has a bajillion friends, and has already gotten really involved in a local church. I think she's thebomb.com. AND, she frequently brings me lunch. Seriously...who wouldn't love her?

2. Brad
Remember this guy? He's pretty great, too. He picks me up twice a week for church (I mean, I can drive, but he is such a gentleman and drives me.), brings me sweet tea when I'm jonesing, goes to Kroger with me when I'm overwhelmed at the thought of grocery shopping (yep, I'm still struggling with that), and deals with all problems electronic. He's also awesome at mental math, loves the kittens (I'm wary of people who hate cats; it's fine if you don't prefer them, but vocalized and ardent hate is unacceptable), and is pulling his weight in the wedding planning process. I think I'll keep him.

3. My boss
She's seriously awesome. She is so supportive and flexible and great about recognizing when it's time to leave work. Don't get me wrong, we woooooork when it's time to work. She's just awesome about recognizing when it's time to leave work and go home (at least for me...she'll often take her work home with her). I know she's always got my back, which is extremely helpful in this line of work. She's also absolutely hilarious and says the DARNDEST things! Oh, and the chocolate bowl is always stocked. I mean, who has a better job than me? Nobody. Better paychecks maybe but not a better job.

4. MEV
The roommate. The Lord, in His sovereignty, did that on purpose. We're very different in a lot of ways that make living together super funny, but it's also pretty good therapy to live together. She and I both lived internationally for the same span of time, so we're both readjusting and trying to become "normal" at the same time. Recently, she's been cleaning out her closet and donating awesome articles of clothing to my closet, so I'm a fan. Her kitties are PRESH (except when they do their business in my pants), and she's just super funny every time she opens her mouth. Really. You should hear some of the things she says. It's out of control.

Anyway, this is- by no means- an exhaustive list. These are just the 4 that I see absolutely every day. I love each of them, and I wish all of you could know them, too. I'm sad about how much you're missing out on...

No comments: