Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things I like this January

Here are a couple of things that I'm liking this January:


1. Kari and Jonathan on the move!

I know I already mentioned them, but that was super quick. These are friends of mine that I met in 2003 when I served in Senegal. Some of you may have checked out their blog of their time in France (jkmassonfrance.blogspot.com), as I have referenced it many a time. Kari's a wonderful and colorful writer, and now, they're moving back to Senegal! You really should check them out and find out what they're up to. If you love what you read and want to know even more, here's another page of theirs that is full of information and ways they'll be getting involved in Senegal.

2. Ok, call me crazy, but I've recently become very enthralled by this blog: younghouselove.com. A friend of a friend mentioned it to me once, and I totally forgot about it until recently. Then, I checked it out and loved it! The backstory is that a young couple got married (if you have time, you should check out the link to their do-it-yourself wedding), bought a house, and chronicled the self-made transformation they undertook. It's fascinating to read about some of their very creative fix-it and decorating ideas. They also have a super-cute little girl.

3. Swagbucks (swagbucks.com). This is a search engine (like Google) that allows users to earn swagbucks (kind of like points). The best part is that you can redeem your bucks at the Swag Store! Check it out when you get a chance!

4. This is just if you like to look at pictures- http://www.eliaphotography.org/. I went to college with Matt, the husband, and really enjoy browsing their site. I don't do it often, as I don't have just tons of time, but when I get to, I really enjoy it!

Anything good trending on y'all's computers these days?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love the Young House Love blog. I've been reading it for a year or so. It's so entertaining. ANd I think you have me hooked on Kari and Jonathan's blog. I've used a bunch of her recipes because they are so overseas friendly.

Miss you friend!