Monday, January 31, 2011

Toothbrush and underwear

Tonight we had a training session for all of the folks heading somewhere for Spring Break (remember how I'm going to Ukraine again?). We did a lot of stuff that was team-building related (eh...not my favorite), and we had a couple of instructional sessions (you know, where grown up people pay attention and take notes...pretty sure I did NOT fall into that category tonight. I was too busy doodling and searching for snacks in my purse. And mentally correcting improper grammar.). We also had dinner, sitting with the group of people that we will be spending Spring Break with. We were sort of chatting about the weather/what to wear/how to pack/etc, and one of the girls piped up with, "When I was studying abroad in England, we took a 5-day trip to Italy, and I packed all of my stuff in a large purse."

That SO reminded me of how Ukrainian girls can go off for a week with nothing but a toothbrush and a change of underwear in the purse.

I think she's a Ukrainian in the making.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This makes me the anti-Ukrainian I guess... I take a huge bag to work with me every day. And if I'm planning to stay away, forget about it.