Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, good morning to you, too!

This morning- looong before it was time for me to get up- Puma decided that it was time to awaken me. She ran full speed down our hallway and rammed into my door. I'm not making this up; you can hear very clearly when she does this because it kind of sounds like a one-kitty version of the running of the bulls. Also, running head-on into things doesn't really seem to phase her. She just shakes it off and moves on.

So that part actually woke me up. Then, a little while later, I hear my door creepily creak open. This is somewhat frightening when you're in that I'm-not-really-awake-or-thinking-rationally mentality. First thought = axe murderer. I quickly realized that it wasn't an axe murderer...just Puma. She'd figured out that she'd bumped my door open, so she was trying to squeeze through into my room.

Remember how the cats are no longer allowed in my room? I got up to put her out, but in the dark, I tripped on my mom's computer cord (my computer is in the shop STILL), which jarred the computer (don't worry- it's ok), making a lot of racket, and it scared Puma so much that she jetted off back down the hallway.

At the beginning of the morning, the scoreboard stood at:
Puma: 1, Erin: 0

By the time I was actually ready to get up:
Puma: 1, Erin :2 (I get two because not only did I get her out of my room, I unintentionally scared her into getting herself out of my room. Ha!)

No comments: